Free coronavirus testing kits will be available to everyone without symptoms at our community testing centres.
TV Doctor and NHS GP Dr Zoe Williams explains the importance of the home testing.
Derbyshire residents will be able to visit their local testing centre to pick up the rapid test kits for them and their families to use at home.
It comes as the Government announced that everyone in England can have twice weekly lateral flow tests to control the spread of Covid-19.
Alongside the vaccine rollout, regular testing is at the heart of plans to reopen society and the economy by helping to supress new variants of the virus and break the chain of transmission.
Rapid testing has so far been available to those most at risk and people who cannot work from home and are mixing with colleagues or the public.
One in three people with Covid don’t have any symptoms and could be passing it on without realising. With results in around 30 minutes, rapid testing helps to detect positive cases quickly.
Derbyshire residents will be able to pick up 2 boxes of 7 tests when they visit a community testing centre.
And starting from next week, people will also be able to pick up kits from our mobile testing units between 9am and 3pm:
- every Tuesday – Killamarsh Junior Athletics Club car park, 284 Sheffield Rd, Killamarsh, S21 1ED
- every Wednesday – Amber Valley Area Office (bottom car park), Cemetery Lane, Ripley, DE5 3HY.
- every Thursday – The Agricultural Business Centre (far end of car park), Agricultural Way, Bakewell, DE45 1AH
- every Friday – The Arc (right hand side of car park), High St, Clowne, Chesterfield. S43 4JY
- Saturday/Sunday – Glossopdale School car park, Newshaw Lane, Hadfield, Glossop SK13 2DA
Supervised testing is still available at our community testing sites where staff are also on hand to offer support and advice to people who test positive.
If testing at home, people will need to register their results online or by calling NHS 119. They should self-isolate if positive and order a confirmatory PCR test.
Anyone with symptoms of COVID-19 should isolate immediately. They should not attend a community testing site but should book a test online or by calling NHS 119.