skip_previous play_arrow skip_next
00:00 00:00
  • play_arrow

    North Derbyshire Radio

Local News

Chesterfield man jailed for breaching restraining order and public order offences.

todayMay 27, 2021 10

share close

A man from Chesterfield has been jailed for breaching a restraining order imposed due to domestic abuse.

Michael Pick, of Holland Road, Old Whittington, had been banned from contacting a former partner by a restraining order but continued to do so on two occasions.

On one of those times, the 19-year-old was spotted by an officer who was carrying out patrols in the area but was aware of the order.

He was also convicted of a public order offence on the Chesterfield Canal after he threatened a family who had noticed him with his ex-partner.

Pick was sentenced to 30 weeks in prison following the hearing at Southern Derbyshire Magistrates Court on Wednesday 12 May.

PC Stuart Hind was the officer investigating the case. He said: “This order was in place to protect a vulnerable victim from being subjected to further abuse by Michael Pick.

“He blatantly ignored the judgement of the courts and continued to commit offences. We welcome this sentence and hope that it helps us to demonstrate the message that domestic abuse will not be tolerated in Derbyshire.”

If you are living in fear of domestic abuse, or if you have concerns about someone you know, you can report it online here, or by calling 101. If you’re deaf or hard of hearing, use our textphone service on 18001 101.

On social media, you can also contact us police through Facebook, send us a private message to or direct message our contact centre on Twitter, @DerPolContact.

Remember, in an emergency which is ongoing, or where life is in danger, call 999 immediately. If you’re deaf or hard of hearing, use our textphone service 18000 or text us on 999 if you’ve pre-registered with the emergencySMS service. The Silent Solution can help you if speaking could put you or someone else in danger.

We also have the details of partner support services local to Derbyshire who can help you if you don’t feel able to speak to our officers.

You can find their details on our website here:

Written by: NDR NEWS

Rate it

Previous post

Local News

Council leader urges university to think twice on course plan.

Derbyshire County Council Leader Councillor Barry Lewis has written to the University of Sheffield to express his great concern about proposals to potentially close its Department of Archaeology. Councillor Lewis, who holds an MA in Archaeology and Heritage, is urging the university to reconsider its plans, calling the department 'a powerhouse of international research value' and saying it is an 'asset to be valued, nurtured, and invested in'. Councillor Lewis’s […]

todayMay 26, 2021 2