play_arrow

keyboard_arrow_right

skip_previous play_arrow skip_next
00:00 00:00
chevron_left
volume_up
chevron_left
  • play_arrow

    North Derbyshire Radio

World News

Police investigate after Harry Maguire receives bomb threat

todayApril 21, 2022 5

Background
share close

Police investigate after Harry Maguire receives bomb threat

Harry Maguire’s house was swept by police on Thursday after the Manchester United captain received a bomb threat, the PA news agency understands.

The 29-year-old has been subject to widespread scrutiny and criticism during what has been a poor season for all connected to the Old Trafford giants.

United skipper Maguire has now had to report a bomb threat to police, leading to Cheshire Constabulary conducting a sweep of the home he shares with his fiance and two young children.

A spokesman for the England international told the PA news agency: “In the last 24 hours, Harry has received a serious threat to his family home.

“He has reported this to the police who are now looking into the matter.

“The safety of his family and those around him is obviously Harry’s number one priority.

“He will continue to prepare for this weekend’s fixture as normal and we will not be commenting in any further detail at this time.”

United will travel to Arsenal for Saturday’s lunchtime kick-off.

Published: 21/04/2022 by Radio NewsHub

Written by: NDR NEWS

Rate it

Previous post

World News

Elon Musk says he has 356bn in financing ready to buy Twitter

Elon Musk says he has lined up 46.5 billion dollars (£35.6 billion) in financing to buy Twitter and is trying to negotiate an agreement with the company. Last week, Mr Musk announced an offer to buy the social media company for 54.20 dollars per share, or about 43 billion dollars (£32.9 billion). At the time, he did not say how he would finance the acquisition. The Tesla chief executive said […]

todayApril 21, 2022 5


0%