Do you know somebody who is ready to step forward, make a change, and take it on?
The Commonwealth Games is asking for 2,022 Batonbearers, each with inspiring stories, to take on the special experience of carrying the Queen’s Baton through England in summer 2022.
They are looking for individuals from England that meet one or more of the following criteria:
- Always willing to take on a challenge and has a unique and inspiring story;
- Has made a meaningful contribution to sport, education, the arts, culture, or charity;
- Is a figure of inspiration that positively challenges others to achieve their best;
- Has taken on a challenge or cause and made a positive impact within their community.
- The Queen’s Baton Relay will travel to every region in England, before arriving at the Opening Ceremony of the Commonwealth Games on 28 July 2022.
Council Leader, Steve Fritchley said, “We know there are some amazing sports people and community-minded individuals in our District who have, and are, making a real difference to their local community.
“So, if you know of an inspirational figure in your family, neighbourhood or community who can become a proud Batonbearer and represent the area then please nominate them now, so we can make sure Bolsover District is part of the Commonwealth Games.”
The deadline for nominations is Monday 14 February 2022 and to nominate, simply tell them how your nominee is making a difference in their community and why they deserve to take on this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.